Oikos and the Department of Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich will convene the 7th oikos Young Scholars Finance Academy from September 4-6, 2017, in Zurich, Switzerland. The finance academy is a unique platform to support young researchers in finance and sustainability to advance their work and expand their international research and professional network. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2017.
Call for Applications
The oikos Young Scholar Finance Academy provides an intensive experience of learning and academic exchange on research topics around finance and sustainability. Participants will benefit from presenting and discussing their work with leading academics who will provide structured feedback and advice. The event will also include workshops by faculty members on the most recent developments of sustainable finance research, social activities as well as a roundtable with practitioners in the field.
Participants and Topics
The academy welcomes the submission of working papers addressing topics related to sustainability and finance. To allow for in-depth discussions, places are limited to 15 PhD and post-doctoral researchers from universities worldwide. The submission of studies adopting multidisciplinary approaches is strongly encouraged. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Behavioural barriers and solutions for the development of sustainable financial markets
- Speculation and systemic risks
- Ethics and business culture in finance
- Environmental finance
- The relevance of Corporate Social Responsibility and environmental, social and governance issues in banking
- Finance and inequality: causes and remedies
- The role of private wealth in sustainable investing
- Impact investing, microfinance and green bonds
- Environmental and social accounting
The faculty members of the oikos Finance Academy 2017 are Prof. Timo Busch, University of Hamburg, Prof. Fabrizio Ferraro, IESE Business School and Prof. Sébastien Pouget, Toulouse School of Economics.
Submission Process & Fee
The academy will take place at the University of Zurich. The participant fee is 400 CHF and covers hotel accommodation, catering and outdoor activities. To apply please send:
- your CV and a short cover letter with your motivation to participate;
- an abstract (max 300 words) and a presentation (max 10 slides) of your work, including research questions, methodology, and preliminary (or expected) results;
to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017. All candidates will be notified by May 20. The deadline for the working paper submission is July 15.
For further information please visit our website. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have at email@example.com.